5.05.2010

Tomoko Hayakawa

bone


water lily


fuwari


shell


White ceramic is one of the most appropriate materials to express the drift of light in the air. Depending on the material, particles of light show various condetions: dry, moist, glossy, sometimes powdery... The light brings out its identity when it marries each form. I create this form by capturing the light that flow on the surface of a form, and this is the dialogue between lights and the creator through sculptures. The most exciting moment is created when I give form to a particle of light in the air. I form it by fingering the light instead of looking at the form itself in the developing process. The forms are entrusted with realizing themselves through the eyes and brain in my hands. In this process of modification, the form is refined as my hands feel the particle of light and the air going arount it. Only shadow can be added by nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment